Main Forum

Evolutio Phantasticus (Imaginary Explanations)

4 replies
199 posts
Admins
Owner
Co-Owner
Website Manager
Minecraft System Admin
The purpose of this thread, is to create definitions and explanations for things, in an imaginary sense.

You can select any topic you like, and explain it in sort of the way an encyclopaedia would. However, you should create your own absolutely unique and creative definitions.

The reason I am doing this, is because I had a wonderful thought. "What if I knew nothing?"

Quite simply, I began to think about things while trying to forget what I knew about them. What is the Sun? What are people? What is the Earth?

I figured I could try to imagine myself in some era of humanity when mysticism and fantasy provided the world with most of its academic knowledge. (The moon is being eaten by a wolf, during an eclipse!)

So, here we begin...
enjin-136431-13262599591965456387-gray.png
Posted Mar 6, 12 · OP
0  Points
199 posts
Admins
Owner
Co-Owner
Website Manager
Minecraft System Admin
The Sun

The sun was discovered more than a hundred years ago, by the president of Earth, while he was conducting explorations of everything not actually on the Earth.

We know little about his methods, although he probably asked a giant bird to take him to the sun so that he could learn about it.

The sun is a small fire that is on the back of a bird. It is a Sunbird. The Sunbird carries the sun on his back, and flies in the sky all day until he gets very tired, and lands somewhere on the other side of a mountain.

When the Sunbird lands every day, he goes into his cave to rest, and takes the sun with him. This is when it becomes night.

During the night, when the Sunbird is resting in his cave on the other side of a mountain, you can see over a thousand other Sunbirds in the sky. These ones are very far away. The Sunbirds who are in the sky at night, are so far away that the sun's they are carrying seem very small. These Sunbirds are trying to fly closer to the Earth, but when the normal Sunbird wakes up and comes out of his cave in the morning, he scares all the other Sunbirds away - so they never make it close to us.

--
enjin-136431-13262599591965456387-gray.png
Posted Mar 6, 12 · OP
0  Points
224 posts
Donated
Hmm.. I try now!
Posted Apr 4, 12
0  Points
224 posts
Donated
Computers

Computers are made of a thousands little lighting bugs all sitting on a grid in a frame. When you push buttons, it squeezes berries and squirts them on the lightning bug and turns them different colors. The lightning bug will never fly away because the berries are too sticky, and their wings are clogged. An imp is behind the grid who summons people and puts them on the screen. You must have a box with more imps in it to summon other computer's users. Take great care never to drop this box; it could kill the imps and you will have to go to the phone (see entry on phone) to ask the wizards with no robes to replace them. There are many more specially trained imp boxes with different images, like a box full of imps that paint on flat tree nymphs (see printer).
Posted Apr 4, 12
0  Points
224 posts
Donated
I couldn't think of anything less... magical. -.-
Posted Apr 4, 12
0  Points
Announcement of